Founder and owner, Marcus Phuah & Co., / Managing Director, Legalasia Corporate Advisory Pte Ltd
Marcus Phuah is the founder and owner of specialist law practice Marcus Phuah & Co., and Managing Director of Legalasia Corporate Advisory Pte Ltd focusing on advice and consultancy on Investments and Projects in Technology (including FinTech, Digital Payments and Blockchain), Media, Telecommunications and IP Licensing.
Marcus is a seasoned negotiator and business lawyer, having extensive experience negotiating and successfully concluding complex multi-million-dollar projects across Asia-Pacific.
Prior to setting up his own boutique law firm and corporate advisory service, Marcus practised at the world’s leading international law firm and multinational conglomerates.
- Singapore Institute of Directors
- Advisory Committee Member, Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA)
- Member, iTechLaw (International Technology Law Association)
- Member, the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Executive Committee, Licensing Executives Society (Singapore) (2008)
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), National University of Singapore (1992)
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore (1993)
- British Crown Agents’ Commercial Law & Practice Course (UK) (1994)
- Master of Laws Degree, National University of Singapore (1995)
- MBA (Finance), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2001)